Friday Plotlines

Well hello there! How is everyone? I’m almost starting where I left off, just a few months, a sprained ankle and a hospital stay later.  The sprained ankle in particular proved very difficult meaning that I couldn’t walk on uneven ground or bend down for most of last year whilst the hospital stay resulted in a diagnosis of acute alveolitis otherwise known as ‘farmers lung’, quite a stretch given our small plot.  My lungs crackle, which apparently makes me an ‘interesting case’ and I was quite a celebrity among the medical students who formed a daily queue by my bed to listen.  They do say everyone will have fifteen minutes of fame.

IMG_0067

Anyway enough of that I’m back now so let’s talk about the gardening. The photos you see here were taken a couple of weeks ago and show how well Derek has kept on top of things in my absence.  Not only has he managed to maintain our existing plot but has cultivated the new plot to the extent that we now have six, I think, rows of fruit bushes.  There are now currents, grapevines and some Summer and Autumn fruiting raspberries all bought from Ken Muir.

IMG_0083

IMG_0001

IMG_0072

As far as progress with the veg, we made the decision to buy our plants from Ayletts, tomatoes, chillies, peppers and beans, a bit of a cheat but it’s enabled us to catch up and keep on top of the weeding which I’m sure is keeping all of you occupied too.

IMG_0087

That’s it for today, thank you for taking the time to read and please let me know what you’ve been up to.

V.

8 Responses to “Friday Plotlines”

1. Sue Garrett June 17, 2016 @ 12:26 pm (#)

Six plots so you have just out plotted us,

• Victoria Wildman replied: — June 18th, 2016 @ 1:23 pm

Oh Sue, I’ve written that incorrectly I meant six beds!

2. Margaret June 17, 2016 @ 6:11 pm (#)

Hello Victoria, welcome back! I wondered where you were. Your plot is looking very good, well done Derek! We’re very busy on our plot at the moment, trying to get everything planted up and weeded before we have a few days away next week

• Victoria Wildman replied: — June 18th, 2016 @ 1:24 pm

Thank you Margaret, very much appreciated. We still have plenty to do but it’s coming together.

3. chickenruby June 18, 2016 @ 3:31 am (#)

the strawberry flowers look like they’ll yield a nice crop for you both

• Victoria Wildman replied: — June 18th, 2016 @ 1:25 pm

I hope so, they were supposed to come out this year but looked so healthy we decided to leave them alone.

4. Rosie @greenrosielife June 22, 2016 @ 6:06 am (#)

So sorry to hear you have been ill but glad you are now back to gardening. And what a well tended plot to return too … and dry soil. Where are you? We are wallowing is so much rain that the weeds are winning on every front. #HDYGG

• Victoria Wildman replied: — June 22nd, 2016 @ 2:40 pm

Thank you  so much for your kind comments.  Derek has done a really good job and hopefully I’ll be back to it. We’re in London and at the moment the ground is just perfect, I’m hoping it will stay that way.