RHS Taste Of Autumn Festival

Adding to the wealth of pumpkin pictures currently doing the rounds on Twitter, Instagram et al I thought I’d share some of the photos we took recently at the RHS Taste of Autumn Festival.  I’m not sure if I’ve said it before but I’m increasingly keen on these smaller shows finding them altogether more relaxed than their larger counterparts, and also whilst I’ve no aversion to shopping on line for bits and pieced for the plot it’s always nice to see the suppliers you like ‘in person’.  Along with the opportunity for a long walk on a sunny day and the prospect of cake at the end it’s a winning combination.

DSC_5650DSC_5651 DSC_5654 DSC_5661 DSC_5662 DSC_5663 DSC_5664 DSC_5665 DSC_5667 DSC_5672 DSC_5675 DSC_5676 DSC_5677 DSC_5681 DSC_5684 DSC_5688 DSC_5692 DSC_5702

We didn’t really intend to buy but still managed to come away with the five rhubarb crowns I talked about in the last post, windfall apples from the orchard and some quince from Pennard Plants which unless you have your own growing seem to be incredibly hard to find.

All in all a very good day out.

If you’re in London or fancy a drive out, the next RHS event is the Secret Garden Sunday on the 2nd November, all details here.

22 Responses to “RHS Taste Of Autumn Festival”

1. Lorna+Gannon/Jardin October 29, 2014 @ 3:05 pm (#)

Absolutely stunning photos Victoria!

• Victoria Wildman replied: — November 17th, 2014 @ 12:58 pm

Thank you Lorna. Much appreciated.

2. Anna October 29, 2014 @ 8:41 pm (#)

Fabulous photos Victoria. The smaller shows are well worth a visit. Would that London were nearer !

• Victoria Wildman replied: — November 17th, 2014 @ 12:59 pm

I think that some of the other RHS gardens have similar shows Anna if there is one closer to you?

3. Sue+Garrett October 30, 2014 @ 9:53 am (#)

Luckily for us our quince did well this year. We’ve often wondered why nowhere seems to sell the fruit. The dark green bobbly pumpkin looks interesting

• Victoria Wildman replied: — November 17th, 2014 @ 1:00 pm

Quince seems to have become very popular with chefs but still none to be seen in the supermarket. Hopefully we’ll have our own next year.

4. annjenny October 30, 2014 @ 4:04 pm (#)

What beautiful photos! Autumn at its best 🙂

• Victoria Wildman replied: — November 17th, 2014 @ 1:01 pm

Thank you Ann, very kind.

5. 76sunflowers October 30, 2014 @ 6:18 pm (#)

What beautiful looking produce and who ever goes to such a place without buying anything?!

• Victoria Wildman replied: — November 17th, 2014 @ 1:02 pm

Yes, lots of temptation. I thought I was quite restrained under the circumstances.

6. nessjibberjabberuk October 30, 2014 @ 9:15 pm (#)

I saw this advertised and it looked so good and your photos have confirmed it! My parents live quite close to Wisley but I couldn’t make it down that weekend.

• Victoria Wildman replied: — November 17th, 2014 @ 1:03 pm

I was pleased to see it so busy, there’d been so much rain the week before that some of the stall had to moved because of flooding.

7. Stephanie October 31, 2014 @ 12:38 am (#)

I’ve some serious pumpkin envy going on! Fab photos of some interesting varieties. I feel the need to shop for pumpkins suddenly 🙂

• Victoria Wildman replied: — November 17th, 2014 @ 1:05 pm

We grew just one variety this year but it does make it tempting. Albeit I notice Waitrose seems to have plenty of choice at the moment.

8. Merlinda Little (@pixiedusk) October 31, 2014 @ 9:21 am (#)

I am lost for words! Every photo is just full of colors and life! Everything is so vibrant! #hdygg

• Victoria Wildman replied: — November 17th, 2014 @ 1:06 pm

Thank you Merlinda.  So lovely to see colour at this time of the year.

9. Annie October 31, 2014 @ 9:50 am (#)

This is Autumn in a blog post – what a bounty. I’m pining for Wisley already – that’s normal isn’t it? *looks hopeful*
    And now I am hankering apple crumble – what have you done to me woman?!

• Victoria Wildman replied: — November 17th, 2014 @ 1:08 pm

We need to plan another visit very soon Annie.  Remember that frosty morning we talked about……..

10. david ford November 3, 2014 @ 8:57 pm (#)

Victoria your photo are getting better and better a real case of practice makes perfect and now is the right time of the year to get those lovely autumn hues I am intrigued by the brown colour of the cox`s apples I always assumed they were more green than that

• Victoria Wildman replied: — November 17th, 2014 @ 1:09 pm

David I’ve a long way to go and fear that my patience is a bit lacking but you’re so kind to say so.

11. Rosie @Eco-Gites of Lenault November 5, 2014 @ 9:34 pm (#)

What a fabulous looking garden festival – I think I would go there over Chelsea any day!

• Victoria Wildman replied: — November 17th, 2014 @ 1:10 pm

I must admit I’ve had a bit of a turnaround on Chelsea and did enjoy it very much this year but yes if I had to choose between the two you’re right.