Regent’s Park And A Picnic

Of the many pleasures to be had in London one of the best is seeing it wake up in the morning and on a sunny Sunday there’s no better place to do this than one of the central parks. The dog walkers and late night party goers strolling sleepily home, groups of  lycra clad cyclists, keen tennis players on their way to the courts, those looking for breakfast or fun on the water and later in the day the  young couples with the papers, friends sharing their week’s news, tourists, theatre buffs and  families with picnics. If you’re fond of watching life then it’s all here.

DSC_3221 DSC_3231 DSC_3233 DSC_3234 DSC_3246 DSC_3248 DSC_3249 DSC_3254 DSC_3257 DSC_3259 DSC_3264 DSC_3266 DSC_3267 DSC_3273 DSC_3274 DSC_3275 DSC_3279 DSC_3281 DSC_3284 DSC_3286 DSC_3288 DSC_3292 DSC_3300 DSC_3309 DSC_3312 DSC_3323 DSC_3324 DSC_3325 DSC_3326 DSC_3342 DSC_3343 DSC_3347 DSC_3355 DSC_3373 DSC_3395 DSC_3408 DSC_3412 DSC_3416

And us? We were the  family picnickers there to celebrate our grandson Archie’s seventh birthday. From little boy to proper boy in one short year.

Happy Birthday Archie!

All details about Regent’s Park, playing tennis, other sports, the theatre and the boating lake can be found here.

The nearest underground station is Regent’s Park or if you plan to drive there’s plenty of pay & display spaces in the Inner Circle which is the first turning left after Madame Tussaud’s driving in an easterly direction.

I am linking this post to Annie’s How Does Your Garden Grow over at her blog Manneskjur.

21 Responses to “Regent’s Park And A Picnic”

1. Sue Garrett August 16, 2014 @ 10:31 am (#)

We were hoping for a stroll around Harlow carr yesterday and then the heavens opened and  put paid to the afternoon.

• Victoria Wildman replied: — August 16th, 2014 @ 11:38 am

It’s a bit like that here Sue. Sun and thunderstorms best describes the week.

2. Pingback: Regent’s Park And A Picnic – Southbourne Gardens

3. Julie August 16, 2014 @ 10:26 pm (#)

We love the London parks and hats off to the gardeners for keeping them in fantastic shape, looks like you had a great day out.

• Victoria Wildman replied: — August 17th, 2014 @ 11:37 am

I think it’s probably my favourite of all the London parks Julie and yes as you say beautifully kept. We missed the rose gardens on this occasion which I sure must be looking wonderful right about now.

4. Iona@Redpeffer August 21, 2014 @ 9:07 am (#)

I really like Regent’s Park and Hyde Park-when we go to London it’s one of the places we make a headline for every time. Lovely photo’s.

• Victoria Wildman replied: — August 21st, 2014 @ 9:25 am

Thank you Iona. It’s a good few years since I’ve been to Hyde Park. There used to be a good cafe there for breakfast?

5. Gemma August 21, 2014 @ 10:16 am (#)

Nice photos. I’ve never really spent much time in Regent’s Park before, maybe I should just for the people watching 🙂

• Victoria Wildman replied: — August 21st, 2014 @ 12:21 pm

It’s a great place for that Gemma and what was interesting was how happy everyone was. You don’t often see that in London.

6. Kriss MacDonald August 21, 2014 @ 10:36 am (#)

Great contrast between the peacefulness of the park and the active people enjoying its benefits.

• Victoria Wildman replied: — August 21st, 2014 @ 12:20 pm

Looking at the photos now there seems to be so many people but as you say it was still very peaceful and very relaxing.

7. Claudia August 21, 2014 @ 10:54 am (#)

so green and so wonderful!! reminds me of central park in nyc

• Victoria Wildman replied: — August 21st, 2014 @ 12:23 pm

It’s so long since I was in Central Park, I’m desperately trying to remember it. But yes I guess it would be, people going about their everyday lives.

8. Yet Another Blogging Mummy!!! August 21, 2014 @ 12:14 pm (#)

It is years since I was in one of the London parks, but I loved them. A calm oasis in the city. #HDYGG

• Victoria Wildman replied: — August 21st, 2014 @ 12:24 pm

Your absolutely right about that.

9. 76sunflowers August 21, 2014 @ 3:56 pm (#)

I walked through Regents Park last summer after a weekend with a friend watching The Killers at Wembley. It’s such a lovely space and I found my favourite alliums there. Lovely photographs and what a lovely place for a picnic 🙂

• Victoria Wildman replied: — August 21st, 2014 @ 4:32 pm

That must have been lovely and I’m rather partial to The Killers. It is a lovely place, a great contrast between formal spaces and parkland.

10. Annie @ Manneskjur August 22, 2014 @ 7:46 am (#)

Ah belated Birthday wishes to Archie! I’ve not spent much time in any of the bigger London Parks but I’m always impressed with the amount of green space and what’s done with it when I see photos.
    I love how you have captured the comings and goings here Victoria – smashing shots! x

• Victoria Wildman replied: — August 22nd, 2014 @ 9:34 am

Thank you Annie. It was a such a good day both picnic and photography wise.

11. Stephanie August 22, 2014 @ 9:42 am (#)

It’s great to see one of London’s great parks so busy and well used – looks like you had a fab time too!

• Victoria Wildman replied: — August 23rd, 2014 @ 4:56 pm

They’re always busy Stephanie and yes we had a really super day.