Tuesday Plotlines

A quick dash to the plot this morning between the stormy showers, in the main just to make sure that the all the canes supporting tomatoes and beans are standing up to the strong winds and of course to check on the aubergines, yes that is a plural because on Sunday we found another three.

Runner Bean Wisley Magic

Dahlia Eileen

Plums from the neighbouring plot were all over the path and  another slew of  small unripe windfall apples.  Valerie has been cooking these, has anyone tried it?  A couple of the heavily laden San Marzano  tomato plants had blown over into the chilli peppers inspite of my efforts at the weekend to remove excess foliage and the  Sweet Ingrid bell peppers had also fallen over even though they have a sheltered position at the side of the green house.  A bit of string and some more canes to support them and we’re all back to normal.

San Marzano

Sweet Corn

DSC_3542

DSC_3629

The first of the sweet corn were picked today and Sonia and Steadman gave me a bunch of carrots the first of which I’ve already eaten for lunch, the rest will used in the One Minute Carrot Salad  a recipe from Le Pain Quotidien cookery book, I think it’s essentially shredded carrot with a dressing.  Sonia’s also promised to make her marrow bake recipe for us to try tomorrow.  A treat to look forward to.

Thank you for reading.

V.

I am linking this post to Annie’s How Does Your Garden Grow over at her blog Manneskjur.

17 Responses to “Tuesday Plotlines”

1. annjenny August 12, 2014 @ 2:44 pm (#)

It’s been very windy here too, but so far no lasting damage.

• Victoria Wildman replied: — August 12th, 2014 @ 3:40 pm

We had some local flooding as well but like you nothing too serious, I don’t think that’s the case for everyone though.

2. Sue Garrett August 13, 2014 @ 8:55 am (#)

We now have six aubergines too so they must be late developers.

• Victoria Wildman replied: — August 13th, 2014 @ 9:49 am

Thank goodness you’re back!  I hope that’s solved the problem.  A lesson for me in checking the folder on a regular basis.

Regarding the aubergines, I just hope now that they have time to fully grow, there was a definite chill in the air this morning.

3. Diane August 13, 2014 @ 11:34 am (#)

Victoria, what beautiful photos! Your garden appears flawless, kudos.

• Victoria Wildman replied: — August 13th, 2014 @ 1:03 pm

Thank you Diane but to be fair your’s is too!

4. Pingback: Plotlines – Southbourne Gardens

5. Sue Garrett August 14, 2014 @ 7:45 am (#)

Hurray – I commented to Martyn this morning that it felt autumnal

• Victoria Wildman replied: — August 14th, 2014 @ 7:49 am

I’m not ready to let summer go but fear it might be on its way.

6. Manneskjur August 14, 2014 @ 4:07 pm (#)

Good progress! I too have been out stringing up my tomatoes (well I used wool, my gardening skills don’t stretch to proper equipment yet!)
    Runner beans and blue skies – happy times. Thanks for joining in Victoria – looking forward to seeing you soon 🙂

• Victoria Wildman replied: — August 14th, 2014 @ 4:15 pm

Nothing wrong with wool! I’m looking forward to Furzey too. x

7. bettyl - NZ August 15, 2014 @ 11:42 am (#)

What handsome plants you have! Your beans look like they are very happy!

8. Iona@Redpeffer August 15, 2014 @ 7:26 pm (#)

Oh my what a fantastic looking crop of goodies you have there!

• Victoria Wildman replied: — August 15th, 2014 @ 8:01 pm

Thank Iona. Tomatoes are coming thick and fast now. We’re only just keeping up.

9. 76sunflowers August 16, 2014 @ 6:54 am (#)

I love your plot and dream of having such a well tended productive space 🙂

• Victoria Wildman replied: — August 16th, 2014 @ 7:29 am

Thank you! I wish I could say it was all like that but we have taken on a new plot next door that need a lot of work.