RHS Hyde Hall Flower Show Highlights

Two RHS gardens in one week.  The first a planned visit to Wisley with some friends and the second a spur of the moment visit to Hyde Hall over in Essex.

Self Portrait

I took lots of photographs at Wisely but, perhaps too impatient or the wrong light, wasn’t pleased with them at all.  Whilst not what I’d call a keen photographer  I do feel I should do the best I can for the blog so I’m trying hard to step away from the phone and use Derek’s Nikon.  So it was off to Hyde Hall to try and do a bit better.

It wasn’t just about the photography though, there were also a couple of nurseries that I was keen to catch up with.  Primrose Bank who put on a stunning display at Tatton Park and Ken Muir because I wanted to talk about fruit trees for the new plot.  This is a quite a small show with around fifty nurseries represented, but they’re all top notch so great if you’re in the market to buy great quality plants at a reasonable price, want plenty of choice and some face to face advice then is a good one for the diary.

What I’ve shown here are some of the things I thought were particularly interesting or pretty.

DSC_3663

DSC_3653

DSC_3783

DSC_3778

DSC_3781

DSC_3745

DSC_3657

DSC_3757

Here are the details of the nurseries and there is a gallery below, click on the image for information, double click for a larger view. I’ve also put these same photographs and a few extras over on facebook if you’d like to take a look the link is here.

A & J Plants

The Beth Chato Gardens

Hopleys

Ken Muir

Primrose Bank

Pheasant Acre Plants

I am linking this post to Annie’s How Does Your Garden Grow over at her blog Manneskjur.

13 Responses to “RHS Hyde Hall Flower Show Highlights”

1. Pingback: RHS Hyde Hall Flower Show Highlights

2. Manneskjur August 5, 2014 @ 10:18 pm (#)

Such stunning colour Victoria – I bet you were in your element!

• Victoria Wildman replied: — August 6th, 2014 @ 3:10 am

I was, except no more flower purchases allowed until next year now.  I did buy some of the strawberry plants though.

3. annjenny August 6, 2014 @ 11:36 am (#)

Looks like a really enjoyable day and I love your photos. Beautiful late summer colour!

• Victoria Wildman replied: — August 7th, 2014 @ 6:17 am

It was Ann and very relaxed. Good if you want to buy plants and need some advice.

4. Gemma August 7, 2014 @ 5:44 pm (#)

The Prairie Glow looks so pretty against the purple! Beautiful photos. Oh and after seeing purple chillies in your post last week, some popped up on one of my chilli plants that was only in flower last time 🙂

• Victoria Wildman replied: — August 8th, 2014 @ 12:47 pm

I love that type of contrast as well Gemma and thank you for your kind comment about the photographs, i’m really trying to up my game.

5. Iona@Redpeffer August 7, 2014 @ 6:59 pm (#)

Those colours and selections look really lovely. I’d like to visit an RHS garden or show someday.

• Victoria Wildman replied: — August 8th, 2014 @ 12:48 pm

They make for a great day out Iona, especially if you pack a picnic.

6. Manneskjur August 7, 2014 @ 8:57 pm (#)

I bought some strawberry plants this week too! SNAP!

7. Amanda August 10, 2014 @ 1:02 pm (#)

Gorgeous flowers, the colours are wonderful.

Thanks for the links, I shall be checking those out

• Victoria Wildman replied: — August 10th, 2014 @ 1:36 pm

Bluebell Cottage Gardens also well worth a look at from the Tatton Park post a couple of weeks ago. So much more choice.