Wednesday Plotlines

A change of plan today, I was going to spend the morning cooking but one look out of the window convinced me that it had to be the plot instead, especially as rain is forecast for the next couple of days.  Wednesday is always the most sociable  day during the week, Dai, Derek who has the plot opposite us and Valerie were all there and of course Bob, who is in the process of trenching and manuring his chrysanthemum bed.

Rhubarb Forcer

My own tasks were a bit less onerous, refill the bird feeder, water the soft herbs in the greenhouse, put the potatoes out to chit and tidy up the herbaceous bed, all finished off with our late morning coffee break. Thank you Valerie for providing the chocolate Hob Nobs.

Helleborus

Bob says he’s glad that we are back in a routine and I completely agree with him

6 Responses to “Wednesday Plotlines”

1. Joanne February 26, 2014 @ 2:14 pm (#)

Does the forcer in the top photo belong to you?, it’s lovely. I need two of them, one for rhubarb naturally & one for my soon to arrive sea kale. I agree with the pair of you, it is nice to start a gardening routine again.

• Southbourne Gardens replied: — February 26th, 2014 @ 2:38 pm

Yes it does, I bought it back in January from Ayletts for £32 which I thought was a good price.

2. Sue@GLAllotments February 26, 2014 @ 5:05 pm (#)

We are not back in plot routine yet but we start our seeds etc in our garden greenhouse.

• Southbourne Gardens replied: — February 26th, 2014 @ 9:13 pm

It was a small step today, but felt very good.

3. Anna February 27, 2014 @ 7:28 pm (#)

It sounds as if you made a good move. I’ve not seen my plot this month because of health problems which are hopefully now behind me so hope to get there next week. Yours sounds a very social site. Intrigued to know what herbs you grow in the greenhouse.

• Southbourne Gardens replied: — February 28th, 2014 @ 12:02 pm

Glad to know you’re feeling a bit better Anna. I’ve bought the herbs to repot, nice to have some on the go for cooking. Parsley, coriander, greek basil and normal basil.