RHS London Plant & Design Show

A super quick post this afternoon. I’ve just returned from the RHS London Plant and Design Show at their horticultural halls in London which this year also features the RHS Potato Day. It’s on today and tomorrow and is a great day out and well worth the trip if you’re able to get there.

RHS London Plant & Design Show

As well as being able to see and buy seed potatoes, vegetable, sweet pea and herb seeds, fruit trees and bushes, herbs and Spring plants and bulbs all showcased by independent nurseries and growers, there’s a programme of talks, an advisory desk, RHS shop and lots of other exhibitors selling vintage gardening books, crafts and gardening products.

I’ve posted two galleries of photographs on my facebook page. If you’d like to take a look the link is here.

And you can find all the details of the show here.  If you’re a member of the RHS it’s free to attend.

P.S. There might have been some seed buying!

7 Responses to “RHS London Plant & Design Show”

1. Sue@GLAllotments February 21, 2014 @ 5:39 pm (#)

We have Cream Beauty – it’s a gem. Shame it is too far away for us.

• Southbourne Gardens replied: — February 22nd, 2014 @ 8:01 am

The flowers were so pretty Sue. I’m not sure why the RHS aren’t running this type of event at all their gardens, it was so busy yesterday and a great opportunity to promote independent nurseries.

2. Joanne February 21, 2014 @ 7:45 pm (#)

If there was seed buying I’m sure you had a good day!

• Southbourne Gardens replied: — February 22nd, 2014 @ 8:03 am

The Pennard collection is exciting Joanne and as I type this I realise I forgot to buy the strawberry corn for popping!

3. Anna February 23, 2014 @ 2:00 pm (#)

Sounds as if you had a great time. I’m green with envy. Was there last year but it wasn’t to be this year. Now what did you come home with? Your photo has captured a lovely tableau of late winter flowers. Off to see more over on your Facebook page.

• Southbourne Gardens replied: — February 25th, 2014 @ 10:10 pm

I hope you liked the pictures Anna and thank you for taking the time to look. I bought plenty of seeds from Pennard’s Plants but resisted the flowers albeit I’m already think where I might fit some in for next year.

4. Pingback: Tomatoes | Southbourne Gardens