Getting Organised

This week has been all about organisation.  At this point I have to give all the props to Derek and admit that I’ve spent most of it at home with a cold studying seed catalogues, in the meantime he’s been making numerous trips to Wickes and various other DIY outlets, building tool racks and a work bench for the inside of the shed.  As a result of his labours we now have this:

Image

Image

And as a therefore this:

Image

I wish I could say that the rest of the plot was so orderly but not so, the cold frames a rammed full of seed trays and pots as well as piles of stuff there’s no home for.  So a couple of trips to the tip will be on this weekend’s agenda.

Image

Image

And how much to I wish we’d dug this sharp sand into the beds to stop them becoming such a soggy mess.

We’ll put that down to a lesson learnt.

18 Responses to “Getting Organised”

1. Joanne January 3, 2014 @ 3:19 pm (#)

I admit to piles of stuff at the side of my house, a skip will be ordered shortly just before our new shed is put up.

• Southbourne Gardens replied: — January 3rd, 2014 @ 8:06 pm

I was surprised how much rubbish we did have, fortunately not enough for a skip.

2. crthompson2013 January 3, 2014 @ 4:39 pm (#)

That’s a mighty impressive organised shed – I am very jealous. Had something similar when we lived on the Isle of Wight and hoping to recreate it when our new greenhouse/potting shed is completed.

• Southbourne Gardens replied: — January 3rd, 2014 @ 8:07 pm

It’s been a couple of years in the planning Craig. I wasn’t sure about it, but like it now.

3. Sue at GLAllotments January 3, 2014 @ 5:19 pm (#)

Hasn’t he done well. Did he build the greenhouse too? One thing that doesn’t change in gardening is you are always learning.

• Southbourne Gardens replied: — January 3rd, 2014 @ 8:10 pm

He did, and think he was thankful that I wasn’t around to have an ‘input’. We did the greenhouse together, nine hours on blustery Saturday in March. Not something I’d want to repeat.

4. Mark Willis January 3, 2014 @ 9:15 pm (#)

Organisation is not a strong point with most gardeners, I feel! I think I’m fairly well organised, but I still maintain a pile of old rubbish that is going to get taken to the tip “sometime soon”…

• Southbourne Gardens replied: — January 4th, 2014 @ 3:09 pm

We’re a mixed bunch on our site, some refusing to discard anything and others pin neat. I too like to be organised but clearly not well as I should be.

5. Mark Willis January 3, 2014 @ 9:15 pm (#)

6. Anna January 5, 2014 @ 2:12 pm (#)

Now it looks as if there has been some serious organisation going on there. Hope that cold is well behind you.

• Southbourne Gardens replied: — January 6th, 2014 @ 4:00 pm

Thank you Anna, cold still lingering unfortunately.

7. Anna January 5, 2014 @ 2:12 pm (#)

8. Anna January 5, 2014 @ 2:12 pm (#)