Our Autumn To Do List

We have been more than a bit neglectful of our plot over the last few weeks, travelling in the UK and Europe for most of September along with other commitments have seen the list of jobs to do grow ever longer.  Although not a fair weather gardener I’m keen to crack on with it and have some impact whilst these glorious sunny mornings are still with us.

IMG_2920

So this post is really an aide-mémoire of tasks to be completed in the next couple of weeks.

The greenhouse;  clean the glass and  remove leaves etc. from the guttering.

Clean the area behind the greenhouse; dreading this having not done it properly since last year.

Empty and clean the water butt.

Empty pots and put them in the cold frame to over winter.

Insulate any pots that are staying outside and move to the back of the plot.

Mow and edge the grass paths.

Weed the bark paths.

Plant bulbs.

And of course the ever present general tidying and weeding.

What’s on your allotment agenda in the coming weeks?

6 Responses to “Our Autumn To Do List”

1. Adem October 31, 2013 @ 1:16 pm (#)

I spent yesterday removing rotten fence posts and replacing with new and next up is clearing a lot of weeds and tidying the place up so it’s all spruce for winter.

• Southbourne Gardens replied: — October 31st, 2013 @ 1:45 pm

Hi Adem, thank you for taking the time to read this post. I really like to get the plot in shape at the end of the season too, it starts me making plans for the next season.

2. The Belmont Rooster November 22, 2013 @ 4:32 pm (#)

AWESOME POST> That is a great photo of the allotments.

• Southbourne Gardens replied: — November 26th, 2013 @ 5:00 pm

Thank you. It’s looking very different now, can’t believe that was just a month ago.

3. writersandy November 26, 2013 @ 4:52 pm (#)

Oh dear, your post reminded me of all the things I must do to winterize my garden, too! Thank you. And thank you for following my Garden Plots blog. I’m here in Sonoma County CA–very different from your gardening! We’re still waiting for some good soaking winter rain!

• Southbourne Gardens replied: — November 26th, 2013 @ 4:59 pm

It’s as soggy as anything here.
      Has taken me a while to find out how to use the reader function on WordPress to find other gardening blogs. With it now.